STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS for Cloth Diapers
These instructions are recommended by the Real Diaper Association (RDA) and Southern Comfort Fitteds. For special circumstances or personalized advice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. CHANGE Change baby into a clean, dry diaper as soon as the diaper they are wearing is soiled or feels damp to the touch. It is recommended to use your diapers in 10+ diaper stash rotation.
2. REMOVE SOLIDS Unsnap and separate all parts of the diaper for a more thorough cleaning. Dump, scrape or spray solid waste into toilet and flush. Store wet/soiled diapers in a dry pail lined with a cloth diaper wetbag/liner with a lid that closes.
3. RINSE Once your diaper laundry is full and ready to wash, put all diapers together in the washing machine and do a cold, regular rinse with no detergent. Make sure there is enough room for the machine to agitate freely.
4. WASH Once the rinse cycle is over, add a cloth diaper safe detergent best for your family, and wash on heavy duty with warm/hot water. Do not use fabric softeners. Use as much detergent as you would use on a regular load of laundry. If you have hard water, you may need to use additional detergent or a water softener.
5. RINSE AGAIN Once the wash cycle is complete, set the machine to another rinse cycle, no detergent, in warm water.
6. DRY Dry your diapers by hanging in the natural sunlight or in your dryer on med/high. Sun -drying is great for saving energy and will help remove any unwanted stains directly from your diapers. If you choose to use your dryer, do not use dryer sheets. Fabric softeners will cause a the natural fibers to loose its absorbency.